Rumor: Worst case scenario from Spain
I wasn't sure whether to post this one or not but finally decided to post it but with a stern warning that if you don't want to read any really negative rumors, stop reading right now and go look at this site instead, Cute Overload, which will make you laugh. Seriously, go check out that site.
OK, if you're still reading (glutton for punishment, eh?), here goes:
One of the agencies in Spain (PIAO) has updated its web site to say that the "Center of Adoption in Beijing" (I'm assuming that's the CCAA, China Center for Adoption Affairs?) recently told them the wait *could* increase to 18 months shortly and get even longer. Grain of salt: this is one agency's opinion, this is the time of month during the referral cycle when bad rumors come out of the woodwork, and I'm clinging to the belief that it's not a fact unless it's published on the CCAA website. If you want to read the whole thing, here's the Spanish url and the rough translation from G00gle.
I'm still rooting for the sunny "12-month wait" rumor instead. Much more palatable. (Aside: never thought I'd be happy to hear 12 months, but now I think it sounds just lovely. Funny how things change.)
OK, if you're still reading (glutton for punishment, eh?), here goes:
One of the agencies in Spain (PIAO) has updated its web site to say that the "Center of Adoption in Beijing" (I'm assuming that's the CCAA, China Center for Adoption Affairs?) recently told them the wait *could* increase to 18 months shortly and get even longer. Grain of salt: this is one agency's opinion, this is the time of month during the referral cycle when bad rumors come out of the woodwork, and I'm clinging to the belief that it's not a fact unless it's published on the CCAA website. If you want to read the whole thing, here's the Spanish url and the rough translation from G00gle.I'm still rooting for the sunny "12-month wait" rumor instead. Much more palatable. (Aside: never thought I'd be happy to hear 12 months, but now I think it sounds just lovely. Funny how things change.)


9 Comments:
I've gotta get my hands on some of that psycho-social equipment...
Bleah.
By
More Paul, Less Andrea, at 3:21 PM
I'm not trusting this rumor at all! I keep telling myself that the Director of the CCAA would not look a waiting father in the eye and tell him his referral would probably be in December with a December LID. So.... Spain doesn't know what the heck they are talking about!! I feel better now! =)
Lisa
By
Ava's family, at 4:54 PM
Not trusting that rumor. Our China Program Coordinator just returned from China and the CCAA director told her a 12 month wait. I always feel our agency is straight foreward with us and has the latest info. Our Coordinator is Chinese so she would be one to get the info straight since language is not a barrier for her.
By
Anonymous, at 4:59 PM
I also not trusting this rumor. More agencies are sticking with the 12 month wait. So I am happily sticking with the majority on this one!
By
Anonymous, at 5:16 PM
nananana...I can't hear you....nananana
By
Anonymous, at 6:13 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Journey To Xiali, at 4:23 AM
I don't know....it seems the math doesn't add up. If there were 10,000 over the past year and they process 700-800 a month, then they should be able to put out 174 per week, or 9048 per year. But over the past few months, they've been slowed the referral rate so dramatically, when technically, based on the math, they would be matching 90% of the dossiers in a year.
By
Journey To Xiali, at 4:24 AM
Could this rumor be an agency giving the worst case scenerio so that its clients will no longer be angry by long waits, and relieved when the wait is less than 18 months? If I've learned anything in the past 3 years of turmoil, it is that a sense of control is illusionary. The only thing I have control over is my reactions, my attitude. Maybe I'm naive, but I am grateful to even be able to have this chance at adopting a child. I have to trust that many good people are working hard to make my hope a reality and am sending positive thoughts their way. I also just came back from a week vacation away from computers, rumors etc and have to say, I am feeling so much better. When we dwell on the negative, well, it becomes bigger. Hang in there everyone - it takes a long time to hatch a miracle and our children will be just that- miraculous.
By
Anonymous, at 8:13 AM
Cute overload site is cute. Thank you for sharing.
By
Beth and Shayna, at 9:16 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home