Salsa in China Home|Salsa in China Store|Our Referral Day|Tools & Tips|Referral Statistics

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rumor: April referrals will cover May 31 through June 6

I've heard this one from at least 3 different sources now, so it's time to document it. The next batch is rumored to be May 31 through June 6, a 7-day batch, which would be (slightly) better than last month's 5-day batch. By the way, I count straight number of calendar days, not business days, LID days, or any other kind of days. Because that's the way we always counted in the past, and that's what all of my spreadsheets are based on. Have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, right?

I'm still hearing that referrals could be put in the mail by the end of this week (if it's on friday, that would be April 21st) and be delivered by the end of next week at the latest (friday of next week is April 28). Grain of salt though -- this one might be wishful thinking! It sure sounds good to me. :-)

8 Comments:

  • I read somewhere ( and then forgot to bookmark the site ) that they were doing 3 long in dates at a time.

    Lori

    By Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet, at 1:32 PM  

  • I read on another blog (Yahoo 360) that her agency confirmed only to June 3. But then I saw the June 6.

    You guys are making me obsessive!

    By Blogger Space Mom, at 2:07 PM  

  • I'm out here pulling for you, emilymei's mom, and finally and especially Karen -- we didn't adopt, but still get all wistful at the sight of parents w/kids that MIGHT have been adopted. Anyway, in my effort to live vicariously, I'm curious: does anyone know WHY the CCAA would do this grand tour, if not to enhance the status of the program? And how could they not address the slowdown at all? It doesn't seem professional, and I thought they were very much so. Are the American agencies they were touring, completely cowed by the situation and unable to elicit any info at all, for fear of making things worse? I just don't "get" why the director of ANYTHING would fly around the world, strictly to say nothing.
    Thanks for the input everyone,
    Diane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM  

  • There are rumors out there on the APC that some people (Agencies?) did ask about the length of time for LID in Dec 05 and they were told sometime between Nov and Jan.

    I do believe most agencies don't want to ask or push so that there is no backlash against them in some form by the CCAA. It seems like they definitely don't like ot be questioned, (CCAA)

    But I agree that the grand tour spells good for the future of the program because if they were going to shut it down or make it SN driven they wouldn't be doing this.

    Great questions/comments Diane. And thanks for your support.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

  • This doesn't effect those of us w/ LID's who are waiting but ... I've noticed that the gap between DTC and LID has steadily been lengthening, which makes saying 11 - 13 months for referral a bit misleading as people may need to tack on an additional month for that limbo period before LID. I don't see how CCAA is going to catch up after this lengthy period to cover 2 months. I hear bigger batches wait in the fall months. Sorry to be a bummer, but after having hopes dashed repeatedly, am having to take a more sober view of things. Bring on the chocolate! What is the recommended weight gain for a paper pregnancy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

  • I just got my LID and it is only 12 days after my DTC date

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM  

  • Oh I so hope I can start reading some excited posts on here that some of you are gettin gyour referrals and all of you are just that much closer to your turn. I will stay tuned for sure!!!!

    By Blogger glo, at 11:12 AM  

  • My LID was just 5 days after DTC. It blew my mind and my agency seemed shocked too.
    DTC 3/24
    LID 3/29

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home