Rumor: Stork alert, cutoff July 13
One of the big China-only agencies just sent its stork alert. Families with LIDs of 7/8 & 7/13 are getting referrals. They're on the way and should arrive by Friday or Monday.
Other agencies are confirming the referrals are in the mail with a cutoff of July 13 and should arrive by Friday or Monday.
CCAA website has not been updated.
Oh, yes, and the capper is the first week of October is a holiday, and my agency does not send people to Guangdong during the tradefair, so an August referral for us means an extra 3 week delay, or November travel.
That's all from me today.
Other agencies are confirming the referrals are in the mail with a cutoff of July 13 and should arrive by Friday or Monday.
CCAA website has not been updated.
Oh, yes, and the capper is the first week of October is a holiday, and my agency does not send people to Guangdong during the tradefair, so an August referral for us means an extra 3 week delay, or November travel.
That's all from me today.


66 Comments:
UGH! I'm so sorry it looks like you have one more month too! Just think you can now say officially you are next! I am still on the fence though - so I hope they go to the 25th at least next month! Hang in there and just think one more month and it will be time to celebrate. In the meantime we can all share cyber martini's....
Anne LID 7.25
By
Anonymous, at 7:11 AM
Bummer! I'm so sorry... :-( At least you can say after this batch that YOU'RE NEXT!
By
Anonymous, at 7:17 AM
M3, I love you girl. In two weeks you'll be so excited. But I wish I could give you a big hug right now.
xoxoxo
Karen/naked ovary
By
Anonymous, at 7:21 AM
M3 So sorry to see the official cut-off date as 7/13. I was really getting my hopes up yesterday that the CCAA would match more families this month. Here's a really big cyber hug to help you and Rod get through today. Tomorrow we can recharge and focus on you getting your referral for Funshine in August.
Joanne
LID 2/17/06
By
Anonymous, at 7:21 AM
I thought of you right away. I know today probably really sucks for you. Please know that many of us are cheering you on. You are definitely next. Funshine will be making his/her/their appearances very soon. Oh, the suspense.
One last month to get all those last minute things done and finish up that kitchen work!
My best to you and Rod.
By
Anonymous, at 7:22 AM
I'm very sorry M3, this process is just aweful! I know how bad today must feel. I recommend retail therapy and ice cream, eating dinner out (you'll have to with your kitchen torn up) a massage, and cuddling with your hubby. Above all, no working! If you work, take a sick day and get the heck out of there!
By
Emanual, at 7:25 AM
M3,
I'm so sorry.
By
Ava's family, at 7:25 AM
I'm so sorry they missed you this time, but so incredibly pleased that you are 100%, most definitely next! Thank you for inspiring me to consider adoption from China.
By
Anonymous, at 7:30 AM
Why does this keep happening? I am so so sorry.
By
Sparky, at 7:32 AM
Pttthhhh! on China. At least you know you'll be in the next batch for sure- not that it is that much of comfort.
By
Skeezix, at 7:32 AM
M3--many hugs on this hard day. YOU ARE NEXT!!!! Maybe Funshine needs a few more clothes? Maybe? :)
By
Allison, at 7:41 AM
looks like margaritas in China in November for both of us.
LID 7/20/05
By
Angel, at 7:42 AM
Hi Mary-Mia and Rod,
I feel so badly that you missed the cut off. Hang in there and take care.
Love,
Tami
By
The Humphreys, at 7:43 AM
Sorry you guys missed this one. Just imagine how cranked up you will be in just a couple weeks.
Very cool to be first in line! I am still gonna sweat it out again, with a 7-20.
Nanette
By
Anonymous, at 7:43 AM
Oh, God. ONE LOUSY DAY. How terrible for you.
Maybe go take a bath in the chocolate fountain.
By
Anonymous, at 7:45 AM
Aw, crap. So so sorry. Ya know, I kept telling myself not to get excited by those good rumors. But I sorta did anyway. I'm feeling for you right now. Sending great thoughts your way.
By
Jacquie, at 7:46 AM
When I read the alert, my heart sank. I am SO sorry for you. And with the additional news of travel delays, well that just bites and sitting here w/ no TA yet, I can totally sympathize with how that feels. I don't think a M Night Shymalan (sp?) film has as many perverted twists & turns as this process. Hang in there and let the many voices of support carry you through this.
By
Anonymous, at 7:57 AM
Oopps ... above comment from me M3 :) - Lisa in NE
By
Anonymous, at 7:58 AM
Chin up girlfriend, if the cutoff is the 13th (remember some agency's might not have another LID until later in the month, if the stork alert isn't from our agency), you are NEXT NEXT NEXT!!!
By
Stacey T., at 8:07 AM
OK, so I just went and checked and guess what YOU ARE NEXT for sure, and you know what that means??? You have about 2 weeks of sleep another week or so of sleepless nights, right??
By
Stacey T., at 8:08 AM
I am sorry that you were cut off Mary Mia but rejoice in that you are finally next. The same thing happened to me and then our referral was lost and new ones had to be reissued 3 weeks later and then travel was delayed by the trade fair. The upside was that my son was able to travel with us two days after graduating from UF. You never know what wonderful turn of events is right around the corner so keep your chin up...Funshine will be here soon :)
BTW, even with all of the delays the time seemd to fly by....
Your blogging buddy,
Lori
By
Life with JJ, Starr and Spice, at 8:09 AM
I'm so sorry. But I am likely (or I should say hopefully) in your boat with a LID of July 26th. Being so close has got to be tough. But at least you know for sure you are in the next batch. Hang in there.
By
Anonymous, at 8:09 AM
You were the first one I checked this morning. I'm sorry this is happening...you must be so frustrated. Hang in there! There are so many people cheering for you. When next month comes it will be a wild ride so try and enjoy the next few weeks.
By
Jen, at 8:14 AM
At least Funshine will be home for Christmas!
You know you are the first one up to bat for the next round.
Who knows, maybe the CCAA will send out a second batch right away. They have to do something in that big new office building.
By
Anonymous, at 8:19 AM
Sorry!! But does this mean you will *probably* be able to travel and return before your 171-H expires?
Our's expires at the end of December and I have been holding off the refiling!!! WHAAHH!!!
Darlene LID 8/10
By
Anonymous, at 8:21 AM
hang in there, lots of good thoughts are coming to you. next year at this time you will be holding your little one and saying "if we were with that first group in July we wouldn't have this little munchkin". Your girl is waiting just for you.
By
Anonymous, at 8:23 AM
So sorry about the cut off.
But as your good friend Karen at the N. O. said last month at least you can say "I AM NEXT!!!!!!!!!"
By
Anonymous, at 8:33 AM
I think it is time for a party. Let's plan one! I am thinking about you today...and dreaming about Funshine...can't wait to see her in a Christmas dress under the tree! It will be the best Christmas ever! Oh, and I could help with the retail therapy...let me know! (I will bring chocolate)~Kim~
By
Everyone Has a Story..., at 8:36 AM
That's bull.
Big hugs & hoping that agency's latest LID is the 13th (I'm still not giving up hope),
Shana
By
Shana, at 8:41 AM
Waaaaahhhh!!! I'm sorry & so bummed M3 & Rod!!! I will raise a taco & toast to you guys today - hang in there, you.
By
wzgirl, at 8:46 AM
I'm so sorry Mary-Mia!!! I can only imagine how disappointed you are today with all the promising rumors of the last couple of days (me too).
In a week or two, you will be so giddy and excited because YOU ARE NEXT, BABY!
By
Puddin', at 8:46 AM
Shit. I am so sorry. Sending warm thoughts your way...
By
Millicent, at 8:48 AM
Oh no. I'm in denial. I want official CCAA proof before I believe it. That's just not fair. I'm sorry.
I'm living in the land of "not fair" ...our (VN) adoption is being held up by provincial officials for some random arbitrary reason that makes no sense and every day I wait for the phone to ring... ugh. Well, if the cut-off really is the 13th, at least you KNOW next month is your month.
By
Mrs. Broccoli Guy, at 8:57 AM
I am sorry to hear you were not in this group. Im a long time lurker and was really hoping for you..
Anna NOV LID
By
Anonymous, at 9:11 AM
That sucks. My heart just sank for you. Change the name of this month to Margarita month, and enjoy that. I don't know how much it helps to know that you're definitely next, but you ARE definitely next. No more worrying about cutoffs for you, you're NEXT. It's just that next isn't tomorrow. I'm sorry.
By
Stacy, at 9:28 AM
Mary Mia,
When you get your little one, you will be SOOOO GLAD that you didn't get in this batch of referrals, because if you had, you wouldn't have gotten the baby that you did, and that would have broken your heart.
Now, go and do things that you can't do with the little one.
1)go to happy hour in a bar.
2)Go to a movie in the movie theater.
3)eat at a fancy resturant that isn't a "chain".
4)Get a hair cut.
5)Get your nails done if you like to.
6)go someplace beautiful. Sit down and really enjoy the solitude.
7) Go to the supermarket, jump out of the car really quickly, run in and buy a quart of ice-cream and something else. Don't get a grocery basket. Pay really quickly and jump back in the car. Enjoy this, also.
8)Get a dinner for your husband, pull out the "good dishes" sit at a table at home and eat, having a conversation about whatever you want. Spend at least 45 minutes at the table.
After baby, the things mentioned above will be a little difficult to do for a while.
By
Basket full o' Plums, at 9:39 AM
M3,
I am so sorry that the cut-off wasn't at least one more day. I wanted so much to maybe catch up with you in Guangzhou.
I am happy though that you KNOW FOR SURE you are next!
Hugs,
Laura & Jim
By
Laura, at 9:49 AM
Why do I have tears coming down????!!! I barely know you!!!
I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard today must be.
((Hugs))
Dawn
By
Dawn and Dale, at 9:52 AM
AWWW.... Why just one day away!!!! ONE DAY!!! UGH! I can't imagine how frustrated you are!
By
Jenna, at 9:54 AM
I just wan to let you know we are thinking of you here. I know you are so lcose yet so far away and it must be very difficult. Know my thoughts are with you.
By
Karen, at 10:19 AM
I am so sorry...I was rooting for you to get your referral today. Hang in there..the finish line is finally in sight...it just moves a little when you get close, but YOU ARE NEXT!
cyber hugs! gnanna
By
Anonymous, at 10:38 AM
Poo! Merde! Crap!
M3, I am sorry but as everyone is saying "You are next!" Might not be much comfort right now when it stings so much.
But never forget that you are surrounded by family and friends who love you and your online community/buddies who are right there beside you, sharing your journey and supporting you.
Do something that cheers you up and have a BIG 'rita!
Keep smilin!
By
4D, at 10:55 AM
Mary Mia,
Rough day. Hang in there. See you soon!
Tiffany
By
Eliza2006, at 10:58 AM
How much does this SUCK?!?! We are really really sorry...
Get out that chocolate fountain girl!
Hang in there--believe it or not, this too shall pass!
Kris & David
By
Anonymous, at 11:53 AM
M3, I've been following your blog for months, waiting for you guys to go get your Funshine. So sorry to hear about the cutoff...and I TOTALLY understand how you're feeling about now. I was in the same boat you were: My travel group was the start of the recent slowdown, and the cutoff for the month of April 2005 was 10/22...we were logged in 10/23. Once I downed all the chocolate in sight and wallowed in my self-pity, I felt pretty good. And when I finally saw our daughter's beautiful face, the pain of the wait vanished. Can't wait to see your referral!
By
Lisa Milbrand, at 12:39 PM
heart is breaking for you - I can't imagine how tough this is today on you and Ron - so very close. I agree though - at least you KNOW you are next!! Keeping a sunshiny attitude --- Kim
By
rubyiscoming, at 12:50 PM
Oh M3 that sucks! I ran home from work to check your blog.
I know there's not much anyone can say to you today to make it any better. That's okay. Take a day and really wallow in it. Then pick yourself up tomorrow and start getting ready for Funshine! Cuz you are absolutely NEXT!
Take comfort in knowing that there are lots of people out here pulling for you and Rod! Some of us still have long waits but are looking forward to sharing your joy....
By
Special K, at 12:58 PM
M3 (Big Hug) I know what it's like to be so close and then next up so I know there isn't much that can be said right now to make it any better. This just sucks. I'm sorry that they didn't match more Dragonflies this month. I know you hate hearing you're next so that should make it all better when nothing but having your daughter in your arms will make it any better. Soon seems so far away but you are getting there. Hang Tough!
By
Kim, at 12:59 PM
Chin up until you know for absolute sure! I just a year ago was given a cutoff of a day before my LID date. Well guess what that agency had no LID for my day that is why their cutoff was different. Believe until the very end! And even with a July referral last year, we got delayed with TAs and trade fair. It was cooler. That was about the only positive I can come up with there. I am pullinjg for you!
By
Anonymous, at 1:27 PM
I know this sucks. I have no words for you, except that I'm sorry. Anything else right now I know means nothing. Many, many hugs...
By
Anonymous, at 2:15 PM
I'm so sorry!!! We got bumped by the trade fair and had to wait 8 weeks to meet our baby last year... once she's in your arms, you won't remember any of this, I promise, but I know that's not much comfort today. Lots of hugs going your way and can't wait to see your new baby when the next referrals come out! {{{ }}}
Julie
Julie
By
J, at 2:20 PM
I'm so sorry you missed the boat this time! And by just one day! UGH! There are not enough margaritas in the world to make that ok. Hang in there. I'm hoping still that there is some mistake and when CCAA updates it will include the 14th. (crazy i know) I'm sending you a big HUG in the meantime!
By
Shannon, at 2:31 PM
M3 - Just thought of sharing this with you. I had a little breakdown yesterday, and felt the need to share it with my blog readers.
So, if you are having an "I hate everything" day - head on over to my blog and you will see you aren't alone. I actually felt a TON better after I got that out of my system.
http://gabriellajoyce.blogspot.com/2006/07/i-hate-everything.html
By
Emanual, at 2:40 PM
M3, At an attempt to at least keep this site PG-13 I can't type the words going through my brain today. I could have hurled when I saw the 13th. Been thinking about you all day.
By
Karen and Jon, at 2:59 PM
I actually swore out loud when I read this. Hug your man close...
- kristin
By
mama d, at 3:05 PM
There no words -- and the words there are, can't be printed here. I am really, truly sorry.
Christine
By
Anonymous, at 3:37 PM
Sorry guys..but the CCAA website hasn't been updated yet so there's still a chance. Thinking of you two.
By
jntandkid, at 4:38 PM
This is a big bummer. I'm :-( for you.
By
Joannah, at 5:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the cutoff was July 13th, but at least you can say that you ARE definitely next. I know it's not much of a consolation.
By
Rhonda, at 5:18 PM
I feel for you! It sucks to have to wait longer and that's all that can be said about it next or not :o(
By
C's Mom, at 6:34 PM
I feel sooo bad right now.. I was hoping you would get covered! Chin up! Look what you said to me last month when the same exact thing happened to me:
"You. Are. Next. !!!!!!!
Whahaaaaaa. Can you believe it? Shoot man, you can take the next month off, not even look at a single rumor site, and you'll still be next. Unbelievable. Goosebumps."
Except... don't buy the part about staying off the rumor boards.... you won't! LOL : )
Keep remembering you are next! They can't take that away and it's a great thing to hold on to while you are waiting!
Lisa :)
By
Lisa, at 6:58 PM
Okay, I'm not going to say the whole "you're next" thing because I know right now you are sick of hearing it. So instead I'll say damn, damn, damn, damn. Waited in line at the internet cafe here in Maui (my laptop isn't getting any connection on this here island) and was hoping against hope to leave you a congratulatory email.
Sorry M3! Hang in there. Thinking of you and can't wait to be so excited for you this time next month.
HUGS from Maui.
By
Colleen, at 7:14 PM
Oh man! I am so sorry. I was hoping beyond hope this was the referral cycle. Hand in there.
Hugs,
Shell
By
Shelley, at 7:56 PM
Mary-Mia and Rod,
So sorry that you missed the cutoff by one day this time. Have to console yourself with chocolate and retail therapy. And the thought that you will get Your Funshine who was meant for the two of you.
Hang in there.
Mark and Anna
(from Alameda)
By
Anonymous, at 11:18 PM
Sending love and smiles your way.
By
Anonymous, at 9:37 AM
Just a lurker, but I find it incredible that you have 67 comments so far - people near and far, some you've met, some not - all gathered together tonight to support you during this disappointment.
The adoption community can be amazing at times - the families are just amazing!!
I'll be checking back to see a picture of your little girl.
By
LedaP, at 10:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home