Salsa in China Home|Salsa in China Store|Our Referral Day|Tools & Tips|Referral Statistics

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rumor: The CCAA might be moving (and I don't care)

Sound familiar? That's because this same rumor has been swirling around all year, especially around mid-month referral angst times. (Hm, let's see, it came up last month on the 13th too, no joke. Here it is.) I've seen it heating up on Yahoo boards again today and have received several emails from people worrying that the CCAA will be closed for 3 weeks because of a rumored move. Please take this rumor with a huge grain of salt (and a margarita! hey now there's an idea.) I'll believe they moved when my agency says they have a new address.

Even if they are moving this time, why on earth would they would be closed for 3 weeks? Moves just aren't that hard and no company wants to pay employees for 3 weeks of downtime. I've been involved in many company moves (from tiny companies to billion dollar companies). And you're talking 2 (two) days of downtime, tops. Typically you pack up your stuff by about 1pm one afternoon, the movers come and move everything late that afternoon, and everything is in your new office waiting for you to unpack by the time you get to work the next day. Even if movers in China are horribly incompetent, there is no way it would take 3 weeks. So I'm not going to worry about this rumor. Shoot, I've got enough other things to worry about.

11 Comments:

  • Okay. I officially love you. You talked me off the very large ledge that is currently showing up as hives on every square inch of me. (I should be in a House episode, too.) Thank you, my love.

    Karen/Naked ovary, LID June 29 and hoping for referrals to be sent in one week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • Great post chickee! : ) Feeling better already!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5:06 PM  

  • Weird, the CCAA was supposed to move in October, November, December, January and so on and so on and so on....

    By Blogger Stacey T., at 5:11 PM  

  • Thank you for calming me down a bit. I just can't take much more of the roller coaster ride. One minute I'm happy and hopeful, and the next I'm full of despair and sadness. I just want my daughter. I am still holding out hope for all of July in July.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

  • Phewww! I can't believe I was all worked up for nothin! Thanks M3!

    By Blogger Ava's family, at 7:36 PM  

  • I like the way you think;)

    By Blogger Wendy, at 10:44 PM  

  • Thank you for the reasonable post, I've moved with companies too (more that I care to admit) and there is no way you disrupt your business for 3 weeks! You just get to wear jeans one extra day that week :)

    The Chinese are ultra organized they can probably do it in 24 hours and upgrade that server.

    By Blogger Julie, at 6:13 AM  

  • You rock, and your attitude rocks.

    By Blogger More Paul, Less Andrea, at 8:37 AM  

  • I just got an e-mail from my agency and the move is true.

    They said it could possibly take til Aug. for the new batch of referrals.

    What next?

    Nanette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 AM  

  • I've read a lot out there today too on this move and was starting to get anxious and nervous then calmly said to myself....."I'll go to M3's site to see what she is saying....SHE'LL tell me the truth!!!" lol

    Oh I hope you are right that it won't take 3 wks to move! Apparantly there are a lot of agencies out there sending out updates today that that is true! =(

    By Blogger Dawn and Dale, at 12:09 PM  

  • Hey,

    My agency, which refuses to engage in rumor mill stuff so I tend to trust 'em, says yep, CCAA is on the move. They are moving one department at a time and it should be complete within a month's time. No other info on whether anything will be delayed because of the move. Just fyi!

    Love you website M3, it rocks and I have it as one of my favorites I check every day!!

    Beth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home