Rumor: Finally some more promising cutoff dates proposed
I'm finally hearing some rumblings of other possible cutoff dates. This is what I've been dying to hear because, in my humble opinion, the July 13 cutoff rumor came out way too early to be credible. Looking at the past rumors and their veracity, we just don't get accurate rumors that far out. (Plus, well, I just flat-out don't like that rumor, for obvious reasons, so I'm fueled by intense hope here.)
Anyhow, for the new cutoff dates, apparently 3 people with late July LIDs (7/20, 7/22, and 7/27) have been told by their agencies (and I think these are 3 different agencies) that they'll get referrals in this batch. Alrighty, NOW we're talkin'! All of July in July!!!!!! (sorry, it just burst out of me, I am kind of sleep deprived afterall)
Soooo, if we take the updated address on the CCAA site to mean they're back in business with coffeemakers and computers plugged in and humming along, and we assume they didn't just take off the entire month of July to pack a few measly boxes (grin), they can still get back on track. Remember that chart showing when referrals were announced? Well they were really squeaking in under the wire with those web site announcements in Feb, Mar, and Apr, and those referrals still got here before the end of the month. So come on CCAA, get moving - you can still get them in the mail this week (Thurs would be ok) and get them in our hands by Monday the 31st!
Anyhow, for the new cutoff dates, apparently 3 people with late July LIDs (7/20, 7/22, and 7/27) have been told by their agencies (and I think these are 3 different agencies) that they'll get referrals in this batch. Alrighty, NOW we're talkin'! All of July in July!!!!!! (sorry, it just burst out of me, I am kind of sleep deprived afterall)
Soooo, if we take the updated address on the CCAA site to mean they're back in business with coffeemakers and computers plugged in and humming along, and we assume they didn't just take off the entire month of July to pack a few measly boxes (grin), they can still get back on track. Remember that chart showing when referrals were announced? Well they were really squeaking in under the wire with those web site announcements in Feb, Mar, and Apr, and those referrals still got here before the end of the month. So come on CCAA, get moving - you can still get them in the mail this week (Thurs would be ok) and get them in our hands by Monday the 31st!
| CCAA Site Changed | Referrals Delivered |
| Jan 23, 06 (Mon) | Jan 25, 06 (Wed) |
| Feb 26, 06 (Sun) | Feb 27, 06 (Mon) |
| Mar 28, 06 (Tue) | Mar 27, 06 (Mon) |
| Apr 25, 06 (Tue) | Apr 27, 06 (Thu) |
| May 23, 06 (Tue) | May 26, 06 (Fri) |
| Jun 22, 06 (Thu) | Jun 26, 06 (Mon) |
PS: Note to the CCAA, not that you care what some California girl with a blog does, but if the referrals don't arrive by July 31, then they get counted as August referrals in my book and zero referrals are entered for July. I know some people do it differently, but I don't care. There are clear calendar guidelines for which days count as July and which ones count as August, and I don't play that "well they were working on them in July" game.


11 Comments:
Hopefully, it will be all of July in July. My husband says this month will be the indicator of whether this process will be a 12 month wait or if it will go longer, like the rumors say. I hope not, I have been DTC for only about 11 days now(no LID yet). I take all the information that is floating around with a grain of salt because in the end, there is really nothing I can do about it. I am glad for you that the waiting is almost over.
By
A, at 8:07 AM
M3,
I would like to live in your world - can I please? I like your world. In your world, the CCAA does things that makes perfect sense to us and sends us ALL OF JULY IN JULY!
Michelle
P.S....do I need a passport?
By
Michelle, at 8:08 AM
I keep checking your blog several times a day waiting to see when offical news will keep rolling.
Come on China, you are seriously bringing down my productivity at work.
By
Skeezix, at 8:53 AM
Come on CCAA, send that stork!
I love these new rumors!
By
Laura, at 10:22 AM
That would be so awesome!! Much better rumors!!
I hope that the referals get sent soon.. the suspense is killing me.. well maybe not, but I want to know! I can't imagine how you are feeling waiting for funshine!
By
Jenna, at 10:41 AM
Isn't it always the way... the month you are waiting for news, it's late to come out. Well, you have to admit, the heightened suspense does add to the "fun" somehow, right? Okay, no, waiting stinks, forget the "fun" thing altogether.
btw... totally agree on the July/August thing.
By
Mrs. Broccoli Guy, at 10:49 AM
We October '05 LIDers are rooting for All of July in July (and All of August in August, etc.). This month's batch will determine whether I have a chance of traveling by the end of the year.
LOVE your blog - keep up the good work, and please tell me that you'll be documenting your trip while you're there!
Lisa (from NH)
LID 10/25/05
By
Anonymous, at 11:29 AM
who knew this month would be so pivotal?? everyone's right on-- this month's referral batch sets the stage for a 12, 14 or 18 month wait! still praying for ya!!!
Emily
LID 1/16 (doesn't january come after August in the original calendar set-up??:)
By
Emily, at 11:41 AM
Good thing I'm not a nail biter - at this point I would have no fingers left. Then what would I repetitively poke at my computer keyboard with?!?!
C'mon and give M3 her kiddo!
By
C's Mom, at 2:03 PM
Woohoo!! Now that's the kind of rumor I'm hoping for. Can't wait to see who Funshine is!
By
Anonymous, at 2:22 PM
I THINK they can! I THINK they can!
I THINK they can!!!! Whoo-Hoo....can you tell I'm getting excited again????
By
Ava's family, at 2:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home