Spanish Board Says Cutoff is July 13... Yeah, yeah, I read it too. I've just been dragging my feet on posting it. It's not horrible if you just look at the numbers, it would be two more days than they did last time. But for anyone with an LID of , oh say, July 14, well it SUX. The translation is a little weird, so if anyone speaks Spanish, please check out the original rumor
here. Basically this Spanish dude's agency reportedly called him and confirmed referrals will go through July 13. Then there's a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo (about timing) that the Google translator chokes on. You can read the "translated" version
here. Anyhow, that's the jist of it.
CCAA Move... One powerhouse agency (along with a passel of small agencies) says CCAA
is moving and there will be no shutdown. Another powerhouse agency still says they've heard nothing about the move.
Whatevah. In addition two Yahoo group posters report that their agencies (reportedly different agencies) say the CCAA will not be closing, instead they will move each department one by one and the move has been well planned out so as not to impact the adoption process. In any case I stand by my statement that we will
not see a huge impact whether or not they are moving. So they have to order some new stationary and biz cards, big whoop. Pack up, go home a little early, come in the next day, unpack, get back to matching!
October Ban on Travel... At least one big agency doesn't send any of its clients over to China in October because of the holiday and trade fair. So their August referrals would wait until November to travel (eeeep!). Can you guys ask your agencies about this and help me figure out if this is specific to certain agencies or if, in general, all agencies avoid traveling for the entire month of October. Why couldn't they just avoid the 2-weeks that fall during the trade fair?
13 Comments:
M3-
I asked my agency whether or not they send families in October, and they said yes they do. A friend of mine (with a different agency) traveled last October to pick up her daughter. I think it's an agency-preference thing. And IF the 7/13 cut off turns out to be right ( a big if at this point!) I'm really sorry. Missing it by one day is rotten!
Dee Dee (D2)
LID 7/20
By
Anonymous, at 2:46 PM
M3
My agency says that if you aren't in Guangdong for your referral that you can travel to your province and then head to Guanzhou right at the beginning of November. With fair being broken into two weeks seperated by a week I had hoped you could squeeze in between the two, but now that they are adding days for those whose referrals are in Guangdong, that would be a problem. My agency is still trying to work that out. They were told 21 days for Guangdong referrals, but they are trying to get it down to two beyond the normal 10-12.
By
Anonymous, at 3:17 PM
Yep...what Christi said. Only avoid Guangzhou the last two weeks of October.
By
Angel, at 3:29 PM
Hi M3--
Been reading your blog for awhile (thanks) but never posted. I speak Spanish and checked the rumor...it says that the agency called to confirm the cutoff date as July 13, but the referrals would be late (or take awhile yet) to arrive. Also, until the CCAA moves, they will not be doing any matching, being work again at the beginning of August.
Hope that helps,
April
LID 2/15/06
By
Anonymous, at 3:33 PM
M3,
I'm still crossing all body parts for you for good luck! (Jeff things the leg crossing is getting a bit old!) Remember it's not over till the fat lady sings!
By
Ava's family, at 4:03 PM
I'm chanting July 14, July 14, July 14 for you! Think postively. Don't forget, these are still all rumors. Happy One Year, Happy Margarita!
By
Jen, at 4:27 PM
Spain has been wrong before M3. Just remember that. Still holding out hope that I'll see Funshine's face from my laptop in Maui.
By
Colleen, at 11:03 PM
Remember last month the rumors had the cutoff at June 23, then they were sure it would be the 27th, and it wound up being June 28. I am not paying any attention to these discouraging rumors. Now if something good comes along, I will jump right on that band wagon.
Think positively.
Linda (Rod's mom)
By
Anonymous, at 11:47 PM
I got the nicest email from a couple in Spain offering further clarification with the translation, and at the end it said "It's crazy: people from USA looks for news in Spanish webs, and Spanish look for in yours one." Too funny, and so true! And if my Spanish friends are reading this right now - gracias, your email made me smile.
By
M3, at 11:39 AM
The october thing is because the country shuts for a few days during the first week of October - National Days celebrating the communist victory over Imperial china. Then there are the two weeks of the Guangzhou trade fair -plane tickets and hotel rooms can be very expensive so some agencies wait so that folks won't have to spend a ridiculous amount to get there... some folks just don't have the $$$ to spend at that time. Personally - I would have spent whatever I needed to to go get Chloe Rose at that point. A dear friend missed the cut off by two days last month... missing it stinks. I hope you dont... but being next (absolutely next) is great at least.
No consolation.. but it will soon be a distant memory.
Missy
Mom to Empress Fussy Pants
By
Unknown, at 9:27 PM
Oh man.... there is still hope for a Funshine referral... stay positive until that site is updated! And if you miss it by one day, like we did, nothing feels better than knowing that no matter what... YOU.ARE.NEXT!
Okay.. have me concerned about which agency will NOT travel in Oct.... this is getting a little too close for comfort.. our I171-H expires early November. Sigh...
Lisa :)
By
Lisa, at 7:40 PM
I'm waiting for a powerhouse agency in the US to give us a cut-off. I personally think (hope) that Spain is at least a few days off!! I want to take as many Dragonflies to China with me as possible :)
By
Julie, at 8:45 AM
M3 -
I talked with the Director of the China program at our large, multi-country agency this weekend and she said they just work around the trade fair getting people either out right before the trade fair starts or in right after it ends. Hopefully we won't have to worry about traveling in October because we got our referral in July and traveled in September!!
Kelly Z.
LID 7/15/05
By
Kelly Z., at 8:58 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home