Rumor: August referrals possibly through July 28**
One of the powerhouse agencies is telling clients we might see a referral group from July 14 through July 28 this time around. Please keep in mind though that this agency is very cautious and very public about not playing the crystal ball game. They don't like to report information until it's a fact (something I really appreciate about them). And they've been very clear that this isn't really a prediction, it's really just the agency saying "hey CCAA did 15 days last month, so if they do 15 days again this month they'll get through the 28th."
The agency carried this 15 day-group model out into the future, and if the CCAA continues to do 15 days a pop we would see wait times gradually increase from 13 months up to 16 months by January. The math isn't as interesting to me as the fact that the agency didn't protest or argue the 16 month timeframe. Which in my mind gives credence to that pesky rumor we've been hearing for a little while that the wait could increase to 18 months.
**Update: for clarification, that 18-month rumor that's been around for a little while did not come from this powerhouse agency.
The agency carried this 15 day-group model out into the future, and if the CCAA continues to do 15 days a pop we would see wait times gradually increase from 13 months up to 16 months by January. The math isn't as interesting to me as the fact that the agency didn't protest or argue the 16 month timeframe. Which in my mind gives credence to that pesky rumor we've been hearing for a little while that the wait could increase to 18 months.
**Update: for clarification, that 18-month rumor that's been around for a little while did not come from this powerhouse agency.


8 Comments:
And of course continuing the math puts me at a December 2007 referral.Unbelievable. remeber your post called "Adoption? What adoption?" I am there now. Oh, how I wish I hadn't told anyone we were adopting. With the kids going back to school I am bracing o hear "Any news on the baby?" at least a million times. UGH!!!
I will delightfully watch Funshine arrive and then i may hibernate for a while.
By
Anonymous, at 8:23 AM
F$*&@! That's what I have to say. Yup, can't hold it back. An 18-month timeline puts us at December 2007 too. Can I crawl under a rug now and hide until next winter?
By
Jen, at 8:25 AM
18 Months? I can't even imagine! It's especially hard going in to the program expecting one time frame and getting a completely different one. I guess at least the recent LIDs have a pretty good idea of the crazy turnaround times. Still.... 18 mos? 13 was hard enough!
Lisa
By
Lisa, at 8:49 AM
So for me, this is good and bad. If they continue with 15 days at a time then I will have my referral next month! Woo-hoo! BUT, I feel very badly for the folks that will have to be waiting for 18 months. That's more $$ because the 171 will expire. That really stinks.
By
Colleen, at 9:32 AM
We were told 24 months this weekend at that regional reunion. Granted, our docs just got to China.
By
Anonymous, at 9:40 AM
This is EXACTLY why I cannot listen to these rumors. 18 months? That also puts us at a December 2007 referral. *sigh* I just don't even know what to say.
By
Tony and Rett, at 4:07 PM
Um, yeah. Blows chunks. If we go to 18 mos, that puts us (with a 2/17/06 LID) at an August 2007 referral. Not good, peeps, not good. Especialy since we are probably relocating to Denver next summer....and Colorado has THE strictest laws for int'l adoption of any state (so sayeth our agency). Best wishes for you and Funshine this month, though - yahoo!
By
rubyiscoming, at 4:31 PM
"sigh" how I keep hoping and wishing that the CCAA will surprise us all and speed up the process. When started last year we were told 6 months - so I should be sitting here with a baby on my lap not a lap top!!!! Everyone is asking when and I just dont know what to say anymore.
By
Anonymous, at 5:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home