Rumor: CCAA moving its offices?
I've seen several rumors now that the CCAA is moving its offices in April but I can't find confirmation anywhere. One source attributed the info to Dr. Jane but I searched her site and didn't find a mention of it. Maybe she publishes topical information somewhere else? Anyhow, the people who write about this rumor say that it may help explain the slowdown and hope that after the move things might speed up again. (I'm not buying that but I've pretty cynical lately so feel free to blatantly ignore me.)
By the way, if you're thinking this is an old rumor and the CCAA already moved, that was actually the consulate. It moved a few months ago (out of the area where the White Swan is located, causing wailing and teeth gnashing among Adoption Barbie fans across the world).
Update on 3/27: for those who don't read the comments section, two commenters have confirmed that there is a second Dr. Jane in Chinese adoption circles, and the second one (who has a Yahoo group called "Ask Jane in China") has been confirmed as one source of this rumor. The other sources are people relating what their agencies have told them. I still haven't found anything published (a web site "upcoming news" section or something like that I can link to) so if you know of one, please share!
By the way, if you're thinking this is an old rumor and the CCAA already moved, that was actually the consulate. It moved a few months ago (out of the area where the White Swan is located, causing wailing and teeth gnashing among Adoption Barbie fans across the world).
Update on 3/27: for those who don't read the comments section, two commenters have confirmed that there is a second Dr. Jane in Chinese adoption circles, and the second one (who has a Yahoo group called "Ask Jane in China") has been confirmed as one source of this rumor. The other sources are people relating what their agencies have told them. I still haven't found anything published (a web site "upcoming news" section or something like that I can link to) so if you know of one, please share!


8 Comments:
My agency's facilitator confirmed last week that the CCAA is changing offices in April. She said the slowdown was due to more dossier, the baby trafficking and the CCAA therefore having to screen the babies files more carefully, and more dossiers.
Tiffany
By
Eliza2006, at 9:28 PM
Sorry...didn't read through the last post...I guess more dossiers only needs to be mentioned once! Meant to say the slowdown is due to changing offices in April, more dossiers, and needing to screen baby files more carefully.
Tiffany
By
Eliza2006, at 9:31 PM
The CCAA moving information you may have heard about is from Dr. Jane Liedtke (OCDF) of the Ask Jane in China Yahoo group. She posted on her group about the CCAA moving to a new building in April.
By
Anonymous, at 9:38 PM
Interesting! So there are two Dr. Jane's in the China adoption community. Shellie, are you a member of the "Ask Jane in China" group or have you seen anything on a web site I can link to? I keep hearing that people or agencies are talking about the move but I can't find anything written that I can link to.
By
M3, at 10:38 PM
I am a member of this group "Ask Jane in China" and Jane posted this information about a month ago, saying it was correct info as either she or someone at her office had lunch with some manager from CCAA and asked about this.. so this is not a rumour but fact ;)
By
Anonymous, at 1:49 AM
Our agency CHI also said they are moving in April, it was in our most recent newsletter.
By
Anonymous, at 10:16 AM
I think I have been hearing that CCAA was going to move and has moved since October 2005. I would give anything to be a fly on that wall.
By
Beth and Shayna, at 11:12 AM
This is the latest change on the CCAA website:
The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before May 30, 2005.
I was really hoping they would include that last day of May and am still hoping that CCAI is reporting correctly.
By
Anonymous, at 12:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home