Salsa in China Home|Salsa in China Store|Our Referral Day|Tools & Tips|Referral Statistics

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Rumor: March referrals will cover at least some June LIDs

For Pete's sake, the rumors and contra-rumors about the next batch of referrals are insane! I'm starting to see some repetition/corraboration on the Yahoo boards, so here's a summary of the two major rumor trends at a glance.

Quite a few rumors support the thinking that (best case) we'll see June LIDs in March, July LIDs in April, August LIDs in May, Sept LIDs in June, Oct LIDs in July, etc.:


#1) One agency is telling its August LIDs to expect a referral in May or June. They're saying this is because back in the good ole days CCAA always used to send out a complete month of referrals around the 25th of each month. They conclude that the last batch of referrals (which covered from May 14 to 25th) is proof that CCAA is planning to go back to full months of referrals starting with the next batch. (The reasoning on this rumor doesn't sound very plausible to me, but hey I'm just reporting what I hear...)

#2) One agency is saying that the absolute latest their late July LIDs will get a referral is the end of May. (I'm in love with this rumor because it could imply that most of July LIDs will actually be referred in April.)

#3) One agency is telling its October LIDs to expect a referral in July or August.

And the alternative (bleak) rumors follow this line of thinking:


#4) An international agency is saying that we'll see at least some of the June LIDs in this next batch of referrals (the March batch) and then we'll see the rest of June in the April batch of referrals. (Notice they didn't mention anything about any July LIDs also being included in the April batch? Ugh. There really is no "best case" with this rumor. It implies early June LIDs in March, mid to late June LIDs in April, and then what? Possibly early July LIDs in May? Bleh.)

#5) The June Yahoo group is seething over rumors that one of the biggest agencies (Holt) has told someone with a June 20 LID to expect a referral in June. (This is too depressing to contemplate. I refuse to even do the math on this one.)

For those who are counting on their fingers like me, rumors #1 through #3 could be in line with my trusty old Nyquil spreadsheet if you pick out the most optimistic pieces of the rumors and discard the rest. (Yes I do like the little fantasy world I live in, thank you for asking. *grin*). Rumors #4 and 5 are just plain depressing.

1 Comments:

  • I really really hope you get your's soon!!

    I also hope you can keep this rumor board up and running after you do get your refferal for the rest of us who are still waiting!!

    What ever will we do without you!!! lol

    Dawn

    By Blogger Dawn and Dale, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home