Salsa in China Home|Salsa in China Store|Our Referral Day|Tools & Tips|Referral Statistics

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rumor: March referrals will only finish up May LIDs

Hm, two new contradictory rumors that both actually translate to the prediction that March referrals will only go through the end of May (meaning this group would cover LIDs from May 26 to May 30 or 31). Not what I want to hear, and come on would they really only do 5 or 6 days of referrals this batch? I whap my hand on the table and say NO! Anyhow, for what it's worth, here are the two rumors:

1) From the June board: two agencies in Spain (ACI and ANDENI) are telling their clients that the cutoff day for their next batch of referrals is May 30.

2) Supposedly from "the UK board" (although I'm not a member and can't verify): a UK couple asked a well-connected friend in China to contact the CCAA to find out their LID and the CCAA apparently reported that the couple has an early September LID and should expect their referral in July. (No info on who the "friend" was and how they could contact the CCAA.)

Fishiness aside, the projections for rumor #2 won't surprise anyone. The math works if we see full months of referrals starting in April like this:
- March: rest of May LIDs
- April: June LIDs
- May: July LIDs
- June: Aug LIDs
- July: Sept LIDs
Which is okaaaaaay but like I said earlier it would mean a pitifully small amount of dates done in this March referral batch and I really want to see June LIDs up there in March.

4 Comments:

  • Okay, I have a LID of May 31st, so the May 30th cut-off date is causing me a bit of panic. If I don't get a referral this month, I'm gonna lose it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

  • No, no, no, not what I wanted to see at all. I'm late Sept DTC so I was expecting July but how do I know I'm even going to get July if they only did 5 days!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 AM  

  • I was told by my agency several weeks ago to be prepared that this batch might only include the rest of May. We are LID 6/3. But our agency is pretty large and I think my coordinator was preparing us to not get our hopes up. I really thought though that if they only did 6 days they would have sent them a week ago, you know? Like they did in early January....

    By Blogger anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • Our agency is one of the larger ones and they told us to expect a June or July referral for our late August LID. I think that is still in keeping with a short batch this time (unfortunately). I'm hoping for late June/early July....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home